tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 18 15:28:38 2001

Re: KLBC - SalI’ ‘e’ vIwuqpu’

ja' DloraH:

> What were you intending by [ghom jIH]?  "I am a group".
> TKD p60, naDev should be first in its sentence, naDev jIchu'

I really don't know... It was late, so I have no idea what I meant by that. :)

> You need to think like a thesaurus.  What are some words that are similar in
> meaning.  Sometimes, even when I DO know a word, I will look it up in an
> English dictionary; perhaps the definition will provide some ideas to work
> with.
> In this particular case you could also choose a word from the group of
> name-calling words that we have; some are listed on TKD p178.

Yes, of course: toDSaHpu' tlhIH.

> What books do you have?  For vocabulary you need The Klingon Dictionary
> (TKD), Klingon for the Galactic Traveler (KGT), and the New Words List from
> the KLI's website.

I own TKD and KGT, I'll grab the word list.

> Well, you did good remembering.  You had only a few minor mistakes.  Perhaps
> you will consider joining us at qep'a'.  nuq DaDab?

I doubt I'll be able to attend any qep'a'mey in the near future. *California*
vIDab.

> An additional note: Are you able to turn off the smartquotes?  I know that
> some people on the list are not capable of using them.

Yes, I just did so. :)

----
Datlh HoD
IKV Firesword