tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 17 02:05:52 2001

KLBC - SalI’ ‘e’ vIwuqpu’

Datlh ‘oH pongwIj’e’. ghom jIH ‘ej jIchu’ naDev. “BG” ghaHDI’ Qov’e’
naDev jIH. jIHvaD mu’tlheghHommeyvetlh chup Qov. tlhIngan Hol
vIjatlhlaHchu’ ‘e’ jItul.

We are quiet.                            matam.
You are an admiral.                   ‘aj SoH.
He is the prisoner.                    qama’ ghaH.
The prisoner is lazy.                 buD qama’.
They (objects) are blue.            SuD bIH.
You are idiots.                          *I couldn’t find “idiot” in
either of my books...*
I am hungry.                             jIghung.
                        How'd I do?

Down here I'll translate what I said fairly loosely, as I'm doing it
mostly for my own benefit. I might once again give up Klingon, then come
back years later and find my old translations in the archives, like I
did now.
"My name is Datlh. I am new here. I was here when Qov was the BG. Qov
recommended those short sentences. I hope that I will be able to speak
Klingon perfectly."

My History: I used to be on the boards as Datlh HoD back in '98, but I
dropped off when I has to go back to school. I;ve since picked back up
on Klingon, and I'm trying to learn it again.

----
Datlh HoD
IKV Firesword

Back to archive top level