tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 11 14:37:38 2001

RE: KLBC-Story

charghwI':
: You think it sounds choppy? Well, in Klingon, that IS style. My favorite
: exchange in discussing Klingon on this list is still pinned up on my office
: wall at work. I don't have it with me now, but as I remember it, Nick said,
: "Is it just me, and I happen to know for a fact that it's not, or does
: speaking Klingon actually force you to be rude?"
:
: The response (and now I've forgotten who responded) was, "No. Speaking
: Terran forces you to be wittering, vague and indecisive."

 From the (frequently unread) introduction to The Klingon Dictionary:

  Although a good many of the fine points are not covered, the sketch
  will allow the student of Klingon to figure out what a Klingon is
  saying and to respond in an intelligible, though somewhat brutish,
  manner.  Most Klingons will never know the difference.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level