tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 11 18:27:32 2001

RE: Exercises for beginners

It seems I have more problems with English than Klingon, but I tried
anyway...

A.
The Lieutenant eats food : Soj Sop Sogh
The prisoner escapes : nargh qama'
A targ attacks the child : puq HIv targh
The ambassador hailed the embassy : rIvSo' rI' Duy'a'
The Romulan stole a communicator : QumwI' nIH romuluSngan

B.
I am hungry : jIghung
You have food and you are not hungry : Soj boghaj 'ej boghungbe'
I will serve you if you are willing to feed me : tuje'qangchugh Satoy'
Slaves offend me : mumaw toy'wI''a'pu'
I kill slaves : toy'wI''a'pu' vIHoH
Those Ferengi insulted you : nItIch verenganpu'vetlh
You should retaliate : (I don't understand how to translate it)
You should start collecting ears : (idem)
Did you guys adjust the viewscreens? Ther flatter you! : jIHmey bolIS'a'
lIbeQ
You honour us : chequvmoH
I remember you. Do you like chocolate : qaqaw yuch DaparHa''a'
You visited me when the child was sick. You helped us. : rop puq choSuchDI'.
juQaH
We are angry. We hate him. He makes us blow our tops : maQeH. wImuS. (I
don't know the rest)
He kicked me and he arrest you : mupup 'ej Duqop
Does he make you guys if he attacks you : lIHIvchugh reQaH
My mother and father mag me. My brother likes them : muboj SoSwI' vavwI' je.
parHa' loDnI'wI'
They are cold. They shut the door. They put on jackets : bIr. lojmIt SoQmoH.
wep tuQmoH
We respect you, but we don't respect them : pIvuv 'ach DIvuvbe'

=/\= Maddy =/\=

Back to archive top level