tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 09 14:27:09 2001

RE: KLBC: verify my Hol

Adraco said:

> I hope no wrong:
>
> 1- the enemyes before (in front to) me
> 1-  jIH tlhopDaq jaghpu' tu'lu'

maj.

> 2- my fist salute (hail) the victory
> 2-  yay van ro'wIj

maj.

> 3- the blades rising to sky
> 3-  chalDaq peplu' tajmey

The only problems here are because of the verb suffix {-lu'}. Look again at
section 4.2.5 of The Klingon Dictionary (I don't have the Italian-Klingon
dictionary, so I'm not sure how it is translated there).
When using {-lu'}, the noun in the sentence is the object. Someone is
raising the {tajmey}, so {tajmey} goes before the verb (because it is the
object of the sentence).
Also, when using {-lu'}, the verb prefix changes. Since {tajmey} is plural,
in this case you will use the prefix {lu-} ("they - it") on the verb.
So your sentence would be:
{chalDaq tajmey lupeplu'.) "The knives are raised to the sky."

> 4- my arm hit without truce
> 4-  qIptaHqu' DeSwIj

majQa'.

- taD