tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 09 14:30:29 2001

RE: KLBC: cha'Dich

David said:

> I was wondering if that were not true.  I'll see if I can't test
> the limits of my knowledge with some more sentences...
>
> QaHlIjvaD qatlho'!

I think it would be better to say "I thank you *because of* your help" in
this case. When you use {-vaD}, it implies that the "help" is benefitting
somehow. For example, if I say:
{SajvaD Soj vIchagh} "I drop the food for the pet."
I'm feeding the food to the pet, and not just dropping it because I tripped
over the pet.

> *Juniata*Daq bIghoj nuq?

The question words {nuq} and {'Iv} go in a sentence where you would expect
the answer to be. So you'd also need to change the verb prefix. For example,
{'Iv Dajol} "Who are you beaming?"
{HoD Dajol} "You are beaming the captain."

> (Thank you for your help. What are you studying at Juniata?)

{*Juniata*Daq De'wI' QeD, *art* je vIHaD rIntaH.}
{'ach loSleS jImej.}
{mop qIj vItuQ.}

- taD