tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 26 11:44:19 2001

RE: KLBC. Jereissati ghob ngoq

In a message dated Sun, 25 Mar 2001 11:32:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Stauffer, Tad E (staufte7)" <[email protected]> writes:
<<The Klingon word {ngoq} is defined as "code". I have always assumed that
this refers to something such as a secret code, or a group of symbols
encoding a message. I don't know if we have any specific evidence to show
which meaning {ngoq} uses, so you could use something such as {chutmey}
("laws"). You are describing a "code" that people should abide by, which is
a system of laws.>>

The New Word list contains the term {ngoqDe'}, glossed as "encoded information", so I'd guess your assumption is correct.

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000

Back to archive top level