tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 22 14:49:50 2001

Re: KLBC. Jereissati ghob ngoq

ja' 'aqratIyo':
>...tuqvo' ngoqvam bIvpu'bogh *Jereissati beq luDaSlu'.
>...Jereissati who violate this code are banished from the clan.

WARNING!

The German edition of The Klingon Dictionary (Das offizielle Woerterbuch
Klingonisch) has many problems.  In particular, it mistranslates {DaS} as
the verb "entlassen" which I understand means something like "kick out".
The Klingon word {DaS} "boot" is a noun, referring to footwear.

(For "banish", consider {ghIm} "exile".)

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level