tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 22 20:31:44 2001

RE: Error in CK CD

While I'd tend to agree with you, it seems that {'Iv} can not only act as a
noun, but also as a pronoun, so apparently both {SoH 'Iv} and {'Iv SoH} are
correct. As an example, translating "Who is the captain?" could be either
{'Iv ghaH HoD'e'?}, {HoD ghaH 'Iv'e'?} or even {HoD 'Iv?} They all work.

Hey. Real languages are sometimes a little sloppy.

> Either that or the song 'Iv maH has got it wrong!

Or they are both right.

> The audio then goes on to describe many usages of the pronouns where
> they appear after.
>
> Am I correct/wrong/mad ?

No. You have been merely insufficiently expanded. Perhaps now, your horizons
reach farther.

> taHjaj wo'

SarrIS

Back to archive top level