tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 10 06:20:54 2001

KLBC: the -taH suffix.

Hi,

I just came across one of my little dilemmas that I don't really get in the TKD.
Perhaps it's because I'm not a native speaker of English.

Just what is meant with the continuous form?

Is it the difference between
1) "I eat ..." meaning I habitually eat this, and am likely to stay that way?
and
2) "I am eating ..." meaning I currently eat this, but that action may cease
soon?

And if so, which of these is the continuous form? The term confuses me a bit
because a little voice tells me it should be the second one, but logic seems to
tell me that, because I am "continuing to eat this", it might also be the first.

vulqangan jIHbe'. Maybe it's just as well.

Uli

Back to archive top level