tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 06 10:55:40 2001

RE: Noun phrases (was RE: KLBC: 'ol)

ghItlh charghwI':
<<> IIRC, the phrase Okrand used when he explained this
> construction was {nargh qaSuchmeH 'eb}, so I'm pretty
> sure that the "verbal" form of {-meH} can be paired
> with what superficially appears to be a noun-noun
> construction.

Would you mind pointing me toward the source of this canon you mention? Is
it in KGT? Where? I've been looking for this sort of reference for quite
some time now and have failed to find it and would appreciate it if you
could cite it instead of paraphrasing it so I'd know it really is canon and
not just the newest version of {'I'}.>>

I have a reference on my website to this and it lists
HolQeD, v7, n2, p14 as the source.  I'm at work now
and don't have access to my HolQeDs at the moment.
If you do, maybe you could look it up.  Otherwise
I'll check when I get home.

What's ironic about this is I'm almost positive that
Okrand came up with this in response to _your_
question of how to say "It's too late to visit you."!

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level