tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 05 15:12:42 2001

RE: Noun phrases (was RE: KLBC: 'ol)

Would you mind pointing me toward the source of this canon you mention? Is
it in KGT? Where? I've been looking for this sort of reference for quite
some time now and have failed to find it and would appreciate it if you
could cite it instead of paraphrasing it so I'd know it really is canon and
not just the newest version of {'I'}.

> I agree about the need for a prefix on
> the verb, though: {narghlI' megh DaSopmeH 'eb!}, or
> maybe {narghlI' megh wISopmeH 'eb}.  The analysis of
> {-meH} constructions I did for HolQeD a few years ago
> seemed to indicate that you can use a plain verb for
> impersonal constructions (eg. ghojmeH taj == ghojlu'meH
> taj), but all the examples I had were lacking objects.
> When the {-meH} verb has an object, it's probably safer
> to go with an explicit subject prefix.
>
> -- ter'eS
>
> http://www.geocities.com/teresh_2000
> http://www.geocities.com/weseb_2000