tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 10 16:47:52 2001

Finger joke - found it!

I think I found it.

In the state of New York there is a set of lakes called the Finger Lakes.
The big one is called Seneca.  Among the next largest are, Skaneateles,
Cayuga, Keuka, and Canandaigua. I don't know how they are pronounced, but
taking the first few letters I can make Sen, qay, qew and qan with no
trouble at all.  SIq is the only stretch, and not a hard one.

It's a pretty good coincidence if it isn't the answer.  Marc Okrand lives
in the northeast, does he not?

Back to archive top level