tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 18 00:42:30 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: QuQ (n)

ja' Voragh:
>(I'm assuming that {botjan} refers to the device - i.e. the shield generator -
>and not the protective energy field {HoSchem} or force field {Surchem} itself.
>Okrand writes that "To shield a ship, one must activate the shields,
>or {botjan
>chu'}" (KGT p.67).

It's clear to me that {botjan} *does* refer to the force field
itself.  The immediately preceding sentence on that page says "The
force field on a ship is called {botjan}."  The word list says
{botjan} is "shields (force field on ship) (n)" on pages 212 and 256.

>Note, however, the counter-example of {matlh, jol yIchu'!
>"Maltz--activate [transporter] beam!" from ST3.)

I don't understand why you call it a counter-example.  What do you
think it is contradicting?

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level