tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 18:08:38 2001

RE: More proverbs

ja'pu' Voragh:
>   yab'e' lughojmoHlu'bogh magh qech lajnISbe'bogh qellaHghach.

ja' De'vID:
>Did you mean another word, or is this an additional meaning of
>{magh}?  I looked through my sources and can't find this meaning of
>{magh} "betray", where is it defined as "indicate, reveal"?

I never saw it, but I'm told that it appeared that way on Paramount's
official MSN-hosted Klingon Linguistics web site.  Apparently, some
inquiries were made and it was determined that the webmasters "embellished"
some of the definitions, making some inappropriate assumptions in the
process.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level