tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 16 18:28:27 2001

Re: Road to Kalhaya...

ja' juDmoS:
>I'm not sure about the "We don't know the place (towards) which the road
>leads us"...How would I carry the "towards" part of this?

You'd rephrase it significantly if you want to avoid the "ship in which I
fled" problem. :-)  Trying to use the location of a phrase as a noun in a
larger sentence just doesn't work.  Any time you find yourself trying to
use the idea "towards which" you should stop, turn around, and walk away
with all deliberate speed.

Simplify it to talk of a {ghoch} "destination" and it's much easier, though
the poetry might suffer.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level