tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 28 08:50:10 2001

RE: (KLBC) Re: mI' bom 'ej Dap

qurgh said:

> > When she asked if Klingon had similar songs I realised they
> > didn't, so I
> > made one up on the spot. It went:
> >
> > wa' cha' wej'
> > targhlIj vItlhej
> > loS vagh jav
> > nom meQ nav
> > Soch chorgh Hut
> > DaH rIn lut

Skippy replied:

> qurgh,
>
> bomlIj vIparHa'.   muQaH!
>
> Qapla'!

Your grammar for the above sentences is fine. majQa'.

For the subject line, {mI' bom 'ej Dap}, {'ej} ("and", for connecting
sentences) has been used. Unfortunately, {Dap} ("nonsense") is a noun, and
not a whole sentence. If we change it to {... 'ej Dap 'oH} ("...and it is
nonsense."), it's fine.

I believe that Seqram wrote a Klingon children's counting song, which we
sang at a few {qep'a'mey}. The song started out with {HoD, HIjang -
rInpu'DI' veS, jaghma' 'ar DaHoHta'neS?}. He posted it to the list here a
few years ago; I'm not sure if the Search function is currently working on
the KLI web page, or you could ask him if he has a copy of it handy to post
again.

- taD