tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 28 08:56:57 2001

RE: (KLBC) Re: mI' bom 'ej Dap

> For the subject line, {mI' bom 'ej Dap}, {'ej} ("and", for connecting
> sentences) has been used. Unfortunately, {Dap} ("nonsense") is a noun, and
> not a whole sentence. If we change it to {... 'ej Dap 'oH} ("...and it is
> nonsense."), it's fine.

I really should have done {mI' bom, Dap je} now that I think about it. I
was batting for "A counting song and nonsense", to refer to the song and
the the nonsence after it.. ;)

> I believe that Seqram wrote a Klingon children's counting song, which we
> sang at a few {qep'a'mey}. The song started out with {HoD, HIjang -
> rInpu'DI' veS, jaghma' 'ar DaHoHta'neS?}. He posted it to the list here a
> few years ago; I'm not sure if the Search function is currently working on
> the KLI web page, or you could ask him if he has a copy of it handy to post
> again.

Hey Seqram, do you have a copy you could post to the list?

I think thats one thing that I wish klingon had more of, short easy to
learn poems/songs... I nearly know taHjaj wo' of by heart, so I'm looking
for something else to learn next ;)

qurgh lungqIj

Back to archive top level