tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 27 12:06:13 2001

re: quraq's saying of the day-klbc

> From: [email protected]
> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:54:42 EST

> I am trying to say a true warrior turns a disadvantage into a advantage

Here are some ideas. I started off describing the ideas behind them and
offering advice, but I'm not feeling very authoritative today. Here is
wheat and chaff. Separate them yourself.

lot Do'choHmoH SuvwI'na'.

SuvwI'na'vaD nuH 'oH Hoch'e'.

Simply put, a weapon is an advantage, and an advantage is a weapon.

Another similar idea:

Hoch nuHmey jejchoHmoH SuvwI'na'.

Hoch lo'laH SuvwI'na'.

That last one is beautifully ambiguous. In fact:

Hoch lo'laHmo' SuvwI'na', Hoch lo'laH SuvwI'na'.

And it is STILL ambiguous in the same beautiful way.

Which leads me to:

Hoch lo'laHmeH SuvwI'na', Hoch lo'laH SuvwI'na'.

I think I'm having a seizure.

SarrIS

SarrIS

Back to archive top level