tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 22 14:47:04 2001

All your base are belong to us. (fwd)

I'm taking back to the list that which probably didn't belong at all. Why
let a bad joke pass when I can turn it into an even worse joke? This could
be yet another thread that will never die.
Mwaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.....

I include my translation of this hideos pile of near language.

tera' DIS cha'maH wa' pagh wa, ghobchoHlu'.

>CAPTAIN:  What happen?

qaS nuq?

>MECHANIC: Someone set us up the bomb.

jormeH jan wIcherlu'.

>OPERATOR: We get signal.

jabbI'ID wISuq.

>CAPTAIN:  What!

nuq!

>OPERATOR: Main screen turn on.

jIH'a' chu'lu'. / jIH'a', yIchu'.

>CAPTAIN:  It's you!!

SoH 'oH!   {{:)>

>CATS:     How are you gentlemen!!

Dotlhraj tI'angneS.

>           All your base are belong to us.

wa' waw'lIj naQ DISeH.

>           You are on the way to destruction.

QIH boghoS.

>CAPTAIN:  What you say!!

nuq bIjatlh!!

>CATS:     You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha ha ha ha....

SutaHlaHbe'bej poHlIj yIchenmoH. Ha ha ha ha....

>OPERATOR: Captain!!

HoD!

>CAPTAIN:  Take off every 'Zig'!!

Hoch *Zig* yIpuvmoH!!

>           You know what you doing.

Qu'raj boSov.

>           Move 'Zig'.

*Zig* yIvIHmoH.

>           For great justice.

ruv'a'vaD.

>Whoever anonymously posted the Klingon translation of this to the
>mailing list did an outstanding job.  I could entertain the idea that
>the job shouldn't have been done in the first place, but it is quite
>definitely not the work of someone unskilled in Klingon.

Agreed. And now I REALLY know why they did it anonymously.

SarrIS

Back to archive top level