tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 18 14:58:48 2001

Re: Language Camp

ja' Qov:
>The KLI qep'a' or Annual Meeting a bit like the camp, in that it's a
>gathering of Klingon speakers.  We don't do summer camp type activities at
>qep'a', though,...

qep'a' wejDIchDaq choS yIt jatlhwI' ghom mach.  yotlh HurghDaq maba'taHvIS
qul vIchenmoH vIneH.  wewbogh ghewmey vIbej 'e' vItIv.  Dun je tlhejwI'pu'.

I think a small campfire would have been nice to sit around when a small
group of us went walking late one evening at qep'a' wejDIch.  The fireflies
in the nearby field were fun to watch.  The company wasn't bad, either.

>as it's usually in Philidephia in the summer, when the
>newspaper headlines are about people dropping dead in the streets from the
>heat.

cha' ben Las Vegas-Daq qaS.  vengvetlh tuj law' Philadelphia tuj puS.
qatlh DebDaq veng'a' cherlu'pu' jay'?

So far, the one location outside the Philadelphia area qep'a' has taken
place is Las Vegas, which is hotter yet.  Why would anybody put a big city
like that in the middle of a desert?!

>We stay at an air conditioned hotel.  This year, however, qep'a'
>will be in Belgium.
>Information on that is at: /stuff/qepa.html

Brussels-Daq 'utbe'law' muD bIrmoHwI'.  qaStaHvIS qep'a' jar, tujbe' muD
net cha'.

It looks like air conditioning won't be an issue in Brussels.  I see that
the average daily temperature in July and August ranges from 55-70 degrees
F (about 12-22 C).

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level