tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 18 11:01:57 2001

Re: Language Camp

lab John Troyer:

> Hello.
>
>	I'm looking for information on a Klingon Language camp that I
> think used to be in Minnesota. Does it still exist and
> operate? Thanks. John.

The camp was run by the Interstellar Language School.  I don't believe it
still takes place, but you can get information on the ILS at their site at:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/

The KLI qep'a' or Annual Meeting a bit like the camp, in that it's a
gathering of Klingon speakers.  We don't do summer camp type activities at
qep'a', though, as it's usually in Philidephia in the summer, when the
newspaper headlines are about people dropping dead in the streets from the
heat.  We stay at an air conditioned hotel.  This year, however, qep'a'
will be in Belgium.
Information on that is at: /stuff/qepa.html

And if you're just looking for a place to learn Klingon, you can do that
right here on the list.  The procedure is:
1. read The Klingon Dictionary
2. post your first attempt at Klingon to the list
3. receive feedback
4. re-read The Klingon Dictionary
5. post more Klingon
<continue indefinitely>