tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 15 21:03:47 2001

(KLIC) Re: muvHa'meH mIw / unsubscribe instructions

To keep this on topic, this message will be bilingual:
jIpabmeH, DIvI' Hol, tlhIngan Hol je vIlo':

SMShwartz:
> Could we PLEASE not have feedback on what we SHOULD have kept and SHOULD know
> and just, in words of one syllable, instructions on how to unsubscribe?

wejpuH.  QInwIj DabuSchugh, vIta'ta'qu' 'e' Datu'.
= If you'll actually read my message(s), you'll see I did exactly that.

> That's like telling someone who wants a book, "oh, there's a library five
> miles down the road."

yIqIm!  *Hoch* QInmeywIj tInuDqa'qu'!
= Pay attention!  Go back and take a hard look at *all* my messages!

reH pongwIj bIngDaq <<muvHa'meH mIw>> <<pIj De' poQlu'bogh>> Quv je lutu'lu'.
= The unsubscribe instructions and a link to the FAQ are always below my name.

(Aside: Well, not quite true.  I have my program at home set up to add the
footer but it doesn't appear when I post from work.  But the only time I've
posted to this list from work in the past month was this morning, so that's
irrelevant.)

ghu'qoq Daqonbogh vIlo':  paq nobwI' jIH.  reH nuv vIleghDI' ghaHvaD paq
vInob.  muqIH paq nejwI' vaj Do'qu'.  paq nejwI'vaD paq vInob 'ej
ghaHvaD paq SuqmeH Daq vIQIjchu'.  paqwIj lajQo' 'ej vIQIjchu'ta'DI'
paq SuqmeH Daq yajbe' ghaH, vaj toppa''e' ghaH jay'.
= To use your analogy:  It's like I'm a book giver.  I always give a
book to everyone that I see.  If a book seeker meets me, he (or she)
is very lucky.  Not only do I offer him a book, but I tell him all
the places where he can get one.  If he does not accept my book
and fails to understand where to get one after I have so thoroughly
explained it, then he is just a $#%$@% topah.

jabbI'IDghom ta nuDlu'chugh, QIn vIchuHpu'DI', muvHa'meH mIw
DapoQ.  munuQqu' jay'.  QInwIj DalaDchugh, vaj mIw DapoQnISbe'.
<<jabbI'IDghom lIHbogh QIn>> <<pIj De' poQlu'bogh>> je vIDel,
wa'logh De' DapoQbogh qanobmo' 'ej qanobqa'qu' neH.
= If you look at message archive, you asked for the unsubscribe
instructions right after I posted a message.  That's especially
irritating.  If you had just read the message right before yours,
you wouldn't have needed to ask.  I only mentioned the "Introductory
Message" and the FAQ because I had already answered your
question and was being more explicit.

SaQaHchu' 'e' vInoH.  jabbI'IDghom DamuvHa'meH mIw DapoQ.
not qajangnIS, mIw DapoQbogh QIjmo' Hoch QInmeywIj.  pIj naDev
jIjeS.  tlhoS reH muvHa'meH mIw ngaS QInmeywIj.  DaleghlaHbe'
qoj bIbuDmo' DaSambe' vaj jIHvaD qay'be'.
= I've been more than helpful.  You want to know how to unsubscribe,
and I never even need to answer that question since I post regularly
and I already answer that question in (almost) each and every one of
my posts.  If you fail to see the answer or are too lazy to look for
it, that's not my problem.

jabbI'IDghomvam DamuvHa'chugh, vaj yIqImqu'.  pongwIj bIngDaq
mu'tlheghmey tIbuS.
= If you want to unsubscribe, pay close attention.  Look
at the sentences underneath my signature below.

(latlhpu'vaD SoQwIjmo' jItlhIjqu'.  muQeHmoH QIpwI'pu'.
= I apologize to everyone else for the tirade.  You just can't
help some people.)

(p.s. In English so everyone understands -- the next person to
ask for unsubscribe instructions within this week is really, REALLY
going to get it...)