tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 23:38:26 2001

Re: muvHa'meH mIw / unsubscribe instructions

> Mitchell Willie:
> > how do I unsubscribe??

> De'vID:
> : Unsubscribe instructions may be found:
> :
> : 3) In the header of every message sent from the list.

Steven Boozer:
> Specifically the "list-unsubscribe" header:
> This however isn't terribly useful since most email programs I've seen
> routinely hide all but the basic headers: To, From, Date, Subject, etc.

I've seen some email programs use this header to provide an unsubscribe
button.

[My TKD is still ``back-ordered - 6-10 weeks'' so you'll just have to
hallucinate the translation.]

> Considering how often people ask how to unsubscribe, I wonder whether it
> might be better if the (brief!) instructions could be appended at the
> bottom of each message, perhaps with a link to the FAQ as well, as I've
> seen done on other mailing lists.

Considering there's only about three different sets of instructions on all
the Internet, it's surprising how often people have to ask.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>
Q: Why did the chicken cross the Moebius Strip?

Back to archive top level