tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 17:06:31 2001

Re: Peace! (was Re: post)

Valerie:
> however, in a situation such as the one in question
> with knowing that at least one of the parties involved was a beginner,
> the responses I mentioned previously should, also, have been in English
> to ensure that all parties were in understanding.

Besides the KLBC, in which the Beginner's Grammarian reads and
corrects/offers suggestions to the posts, there's also an (unofficial)
convention called the KLIC.  If you mark your posts KLIC, you have
to (try to) post bilingually, and responses to that also have to be
bilingual.  The idea is that beginner to intermediate learners who
don't need the BG's help, but who are not experts, can learn from
and correct each other.  The KLIC convention seems to be rather
underused.  If you would feel more comfortable learning from posts
that are bilingual and trying to figure out the meaning of Klingon
sentences by the English translation, you can always request that

De'vID