tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 10:46:41 2001

Re: muvHa'meH mIw / unsubscribe instructions

Mitchell Willie:
> how do I unsubscribe??

De'vID:
: Unsubscribe instructions may be found:
:
: 3) In the header of every message sent from the list.

Specifically the "list-unsubscribe" header:

list-unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>

This however isn't terribly useful since most email programs I've seen
routinely hide all but the basic headers: To, From, Date, Subject, etc.  The
only way to see the full set is to reveal (or show) all headers - each program
does it differently.  (E.g. in Eudora, there's a convenient button you can push
while reading the message.)

Considering how often people ask how to unsubscribe, I wonder whether it might
be better if the (brief!) instructions could be appended at the bottom of each
message, perhaps with a link to the FAQ as well, as I've seen done on other
mailing lists.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons