tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 10:53:08 2001

Re: paq

malqa wrote:

: I picked up the new TNG paperback called "Diplomatic Implausibility" by
: Keith R.A. DeCandido and found to my surprise that he uses tlhIngan Hol
: throughout the book.  Some of it is anglicized bat'leth for betleH
: but he has an entire Glossary of Klingon words in the back of the book
: where he gives the tlhIngan Hol spelling, the anglicized spelling, the
: definition and what episode it first appeared in.

So, how is his Klingon?  (Does he thank anyone for helping him with the
Klingon?)  Or does he just scatter words and phrases from TKD throughout the
text as some writers have done?  (tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'?  batlh Daqawlu'taH!
bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh.  Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam. etc.)

Other than the Klingon, how's the book?  I'm assuming it's a novel, qar'a'?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level