tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 13 09:47:30 2001

RE: Help KLBC

RNButler wrote:

>>: I am trying to say The keener eye turns inward, but couldn't
>>: find the words for keen so I assumed sharper would fit the bill

taD:

> So, combining this with Voragh's suggestion of using {nej}, we
> get: {qoDDaq nej leghlaHchu'bogh mIn} "The eye which can see
> perfectly searches in the inside"

taD is right on (as usual) with his comments here about your grammar, but
I'd like to add a bit. I don't think this proverb is really talking about an
eye - it's talking about a person with a keen eye. Phrasing it as a sentence
about the eye itself makes it sound spiffier, but that's in English. In
Klingon, I think it will sound better talking about the person. Also, I
don't think <qoDDaq nej> is the best phrase for "turn [the eye] inward".
Better, I think, is <nuD'egh>. So here's my suggestion:

nuD'egh leghchu'wI'

pagh

Back to archive top level