tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 13 10:27:57 2001

Re: months

malqa wrote:
: In Prophecy, the Voyager episode that ran last week
: qolor HoD mentions a month to B'Elanna, the holy month of nay'poq
: Has this *month* ever been mentioned before?

No.  (Did anybody catch the spelling in the captions?)

: Is there a list of months?

Not from Paramount.

: I seem to recall some discussion here about the Klingon calendar, how many
: months in a year, etc.

We have no idea.  There have, of course, been several schemes proposed in
various pro- and fan-fiction.

Okrand has discussed months in the abstract on startrek.klingon:

  jar DamaSqu'bogh yIngu'
  What/which is your favorite month?
  ("Identify the month that you very much prefer!")

and *possibly* - that is, *if* Okrand translated it for Paramount (has anyone
ever asked him about this text?) - showed us how to recite a (Terran!) date in
the "Star Trek: The Experience" communiqué:

  tera' poH jaj wa', jar wa', jaj loSDIch, DIS wa'-Hut-Hut-chorgh:
   HovpoHvetlh latlh nab yIHutlh
  Save this Stardate: Sunday, January 4, 1998.

but otherwise he's left the development of the Klingon calendar to Paramount.
AFAIK our only other piece of canonical information was in TNG "New Ground"
where Alexander said he was born on the 43rd day of Maktag.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level