tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 13 05:53:12 2001

RE: Help KLBC

De'vID said:
> But note in this case that Okrand translated a "sharp eye" as
> {leghlaHchu'be'[bogh] mIn} and not as {mIn jej}.  This would
> seem to indicate that Klingons would not understand this
> English idiom.  If you say {jej mIn} to a Klingon, he or she
> will likely think of an alien being whose seeing organ is
> located on an antenna or a horn, not one whose vision is
> "sharp" in the sense that is can see perfectly.

Voragh's comments and suggestions in both replies are all good. De'vID also
makes a good point here - you may not want to use {mIn jej}.  Instead,
consider using:
{leghlaHchu'bogh mIn} "The eye which can see perfectly"

So, combining this with Voragh's suggestion of using {nej}, we get:
{qoDDaq nej leghlaHchu'bogh mIn} "The eye which can see perfectly searches
in the inside"

- taD

Back to archive top level