tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 11 18:03:41 2001

Re: The Year of the Horse

ja' SuStel:
>But it's not the Year of the Sark.  Nor is it the Year of the Camel.  It's
>the Year of the Horse.  Since horses are not native to any Klingon planets,
>nor have we ever heard of Klingons using horses that I can recall, it's not
>surprising they have no known word for them.  What's the English translation
>of "sark"?  It's not "horse . . . ."  Use the word "horse" if you mean
>"horse."

I'd take a cue from "Tokvirian Skink" and "Ceti Eel" and "Tika Cat" and
"Denebian Ox".  To refer to the Terran animal known natively as a horse, I
suggest the Klingon {tera' Sargh}.  So what if a Sark is not a horse?  A
{Qa'Hom} is not even close to a titmouse, but {lIghon Qa'Hom} and "Ligonian
titmouse" are accepted translations for one another.

qaSlI' tera' Sargh DIS.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level