tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 10 11:00:52 2001

Re: The Year of the Horse

> ...with the phrase "This is the Year of the Horse"
>
> tera' DISvam 'oH tep qengbogh Ha'DIbaH tera' DIS'e'

An Arab would call this a camel

> Question 1 -- Is this grammatical?

It is grammatical, but...

> Question 2 -- Can anyone suggest anything better than "animal that
> carries a load" as a translation of "horse"?

In klingon for the Galatic Traveler, p111, we have "A Klingon sark (Sargh) is
an animal somewhat resembling a Terran horse, both in appearance and in that
Klingons ... often ride on the animal's back."

tera' DISvam 'oH Sargh DIS'e'

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level