tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 29 12:06:07 2001

Re: MUSH

ja' Qov:
>It doesn't have to be a MU*, even.  Just a chatroom would do.

yap jawmeH pa' nap.  Dochmey Sajmey joq mughbe'lu'mo' naQbe' wanI'.

A simple chat room would do, but it wouldn't have the potential of a
fully-programmable interactive environment.

>Could we
>have a show of hands regarding who could/could not use a web-based (e.g.
>java) chat app?

De'wI'wIj motlhDaq Qapchu'be' Java.  Telnet vImaS.  IRC vIcherghlaH.

My regular home computer has serious performance issues with Java.  I cast
my vote for something telnet-based, or perhaps even IRC.

ja' HomDoq:
>why does it have to be web-based?

I'd rather it weren't, but the world has probably reached the point where
most people using the internet can't be bothered with anything less
accessible than "point and click" in a web browser.

>what's wrong with IRC?

jIjang DaneHbe'qu'. :-)

>I can usually be found at daytime on klingon.kdfs.net in channel
>#tlhIngan, although I may not always have time to chat.

pa' vISuchqang 'e' vIqawnIS.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level