tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 29 12:09:42 2001

Re: MUSH

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Marc Ruehlaender wrote:
> > lab ghunchu'wI'
> >
> > > To truly learn a language, you must use it.  I'm not certain, but I think
> > > my big boost in skill happened while I was practicing in real time with
> > > people on the MUSH.  We *really* have to get that running again.
> >
> > It doesn't have to be a MU*, even.  Just a chatroom would do.  Could we
> > have a show of hands regarding who could/could not use a web-based (e.g.
> > java) chat app?
> >
> why does it have to be web-based? what's wrong with IRC?
> I can usually be found at daytime on klingon.kdfs.net in channel
> #tlhIngan, although I may not always have time to chat.

Ah yes, I was so much more in control of the language back when I was 'aj
Qel on KEVE...

Also, there are several free Java applets that you can set up on a webpage
to connect into an IRC chatroom...  (And, I believe, a few MU* clients
that work similarly).

More a question of which is more friendly to newbies.  I think IRC might
be better; fewer commands for people to learn, fewer rooms for people get
lost and alone in.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **