tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 27 21:48:31 2001

Re: help me R: this is correct grammatically ?

lab Adraco <[email protected]>:

> mmm i think make very bigs errors (mainly line 1):

taD is supposed to answer questions from new people, but taD is often not
here on weekends.  I don't want you to go away, so I will give you some
suggestions.

There are errors, but it is not terrible.  Your Klingon is about as good as
your English.  Studying Klingon will improve both.  :)

> 1- the enemyes before (in front to) me
> 1- Jaghpu' 'et jiH

Do you have _Klingon for the Galactic Traveler_?  You need to read page 24,
and also to look up "front" in the vocabulary to say this one properly.

jIH tlhopDaq jaghpu' tu'lu' = There are enemies in front of me.

tu'lu' acts like "there is" in English, like "hay" in Spanish or like "il y
a" in French.

> 2- my fist salute (hail) the victory
> 2- yay van ro'wIj

Good.

> 3- the blades about (raise) to sky
> 3- chal pep DIj-pu'

You need a type-5 suffix on chal to show that it is the direction.
The suffix -pu' is only for people.  Use -mey for objects.
DIj is not the right word.  DIj means "slide a blade".
Try this one again.

> 4- my arm hit without truce
> 4- qIptaHqu' DeSwIj

Good again.  I like the English translation, too.

What language is your Klingon Dictionary in?
Qov

Back to archive top level