tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 06 10:22:56 2001

poS ghopwIjDaq ghItlhqa'lu'chu' vIneH / tattoo

I, too, have been wanting some "cover work"
poS ghopwIjDaq ghItlhqa'lu'chu'  vIneH.
for over 20 years I've worn a badly done (fuzzy-edged) greenish squiggle-thing
(like the simplified scroll on bottom-right corner of $1 bill)
I want pIqaD for "Honor" curling out of the redo, as the shape would work and
it's only 3 glyphs, the space can only handle about 3 glyphs, and odd numbers are
more arty than even.
but, as much as I tweak the glyphs, it looks like a bad drawing of the word
"key".
batlh, as a concept, to me, embodies the deep meaning of "to thine own self be
true".
the verb form, quv, looks a bit better, but then the meaning isn't quite the
same.
I  prefer the modern pIqaD's swoopy, scimitar-ish lines, since to the non-Klingon
it might look like Arabic or Hebrew writing. To me the old officers' font looks
like a tiny bunch of kites, as if the marks were made by a wedge edged stylus
squished into clay or something. Both styles are beautiful, but I've always
preferred decorating my things by sculpting or embroidering the former more than
the latter.
 mIwvetlh vISIQmeH 'eb  vIloStaH.
until I find a prettier word with very significant meaning. Suggestions?
pIl'o'

Back to archive top level