tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 29 07:52:23 2000

RE: vIn/math (new vocab pun spoilers)

taD:
: The other pun I noticed were for the words {me'} and {'IrneH}, for aunt and
: uncle. ( I forget which side of the family these words refer to). If you
: look at these 2 words backwards, they are Em and Henry, Dorothy's aunt and
: uncle from The Wizard of Oz.

Yep, I noticed these last night too. <g>

The other word for aunt {'emam} is Mame backwards - as in Auntie Mame, the
Broadway play which has been filmed several times.

And the other word for uncle {tennuS} is surely another pun, but the only thing
I can think of (and it is a stretch, I admit) is a disguised Thomas, as in
"Uncle Tom".  I'm open to other suggestions.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level