tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 17 00:09:33 2000

Re: Daj

lab lay'tel SIvten

> >TKD says {Daj} means "be interesting", not "be interesting
>  >to (someone)".
> On the other hand, "be interesting" can be interpreted as a form of "to
> interest", which, at least in English, does take a direct object.  Hence,
> [muDajchoH] would mean "it began to interest me".  Comments?

Daj = be interesting
-choH = suffix denoting change
mu- = prefix denoting action done to me, by a third person subject

muDajchoH = "it changed me interesting" i.e. this doesn't make sense

Consider:
muDajchoHmoH = "it changes how interesting I am" or "it causes me to become
interesting"

jIHvaD DajchoH = "it became interesting to me"

or, using the type 6 verb suffix /-law'/

DajchoHlaw' = "it seemed to me that it became interesting"
Qov

Back to archive top level