tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 09 14:32:25 2000

Re: math questions / sums

Ed writes:
> 	any ideas on sumation, as it is a very useful tool. the symbol sigma ha
> s a
> maxium at the top, and a minium starting point at the bottom, followed by
> an equation.
> 	 (the sum of an arguement from x to y ).
>
> vaghVaD wa'vo' boq'qa'lI' 'ay', 'ay' ghoHmeH 'op mI' boq wa', cha'maH
> chenbogh

this confuses me completely. the only {ghoH} I can find means
"argue, dispute"; if instead of <<cha'maH chenbogh>> you mean
<<chen wa'maH vagh>> then I guess you're trying to sum up the
numbers "from one to five".

But what do you mean by <<'ay' ghoHmeH 'op mI' boq wa'>>
"1 + some numbers in order to dispute the part(s)"??

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level