tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 10 07:37:03 2000

RE: math questions / sums

> Ed writes:
> > 	any ideas on sumation, as it is a very useful tool. the symbol sigma ha
> > s a maxium at the top, and a minium starting point at the bottom,
> followed by an equation.
> > 	 (the sum of an arguement from x to y ).
> >
> > vaghVaD wa'vo' boq'qa'lI' 'ay', 'ay' ghoHmeH 'op mI' boq wa', cha'maH
> > chenbogh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that /-vo'/ (and also /-Daq/)
apply only to places?  So you can't do /wa'vo'/, though I understand
what you mean.

Marc Ruehlaender:
> this confuses me completely. the only {ghoH} I can find means
> "argue, dispute"; if instead of <<cha'maH chenbogh>> you mean
> <<chen wa'maH vagh>> then I guess you're trying to sum up the
> numbers "from one to five".
>
> But what do you mean by <<'ay' ghoHmeH 'op mI' boq wa'>>
> "1 + some numbers in order to dispute the part(s)"??

chaq /ghom/ Hech?  Or maybe he's trying to use "argue" in the
sense of an "argument" to a function?  Got me.

--
De'vID