tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 09:20:22 2000

Re: Web Page Translation to Klingon

> >   The strongest men, the best artists, the funniest world records.
> >   We beat all records - at the Festival of World Records 2000.
> >
> >   Date: 7.-9. 7. 2000, Venue: Flensburg, Germany
>
> tera' DIS cha'SaD jar Soch jaj Soch tagh lop le'qu'.
> qaStaHvIS cha' jaj taH.

shouldn't this be "wej" rather than "cha'"?
basically this is a question on the interpretation of the
verb "taH", I guess.

the way charghwI' writes it, it is interpreted as "after the
previously mentioned timeframe, the action will continue further"

the way I'd have written it, it is interpreted "the action will
be going on throughout a total of"

I can't explain what I mean clearly in English :(

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level