tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 15 09:18:42 2000

Re: Respect

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:58:47 -0700 Dan Vasti
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I am new to Klingon, but am a long time fan of the entire
> Star Trek Universe. I would like to know who had more
> respect for the Klingon Warrior. Kirk or Picard. I do
> realize that Picard was in command during the alliance or
> "detente" with the Klingons, but Kirk was in combat more
> frequently.
> Please help me.
> Kurt Mathison
> [email protected]

First, realize that this is a list for people using or
studying the Klingon langauge. To post here, your message
must either contain Klingon text or discuss the Klingon
language.

Your message doesn't do either. Please don't do this again.

That said,

qIrq jatlh <<puqloDwI' boHoHpu' tlhIngan Ha'DIbaH!>>
ghaytan tlhIngan SuvwI'pu' vuvHa' qIrq.

ghawran cha'DIch mojta' janluq pIqarD. qaStaHvIS
vagh DISmey meHDajDaq toy' wo'rIv. ghaytan tlhIngan
SuvwI'pu' vuv pIqarD.

Kirk has been quoted as saying, "Those Klingon bastards
killed my son." Likely he does not respect Klingon warriors.

John Luc Pickard was Gawron's Second. He also had
Worf on his bridge for five years. Likely, he respects
Klingon warriors.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level