tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 14 14:11:30 2000

RE: KLBC

jang malqa:

> The fellow is actually looking something to connote
> "fire bird" , " fire animal"  or " fire creature" .
> I know that qul is fire but I couldn't help him furthur being a
> novice still .
>
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Burt Clawson wrote:
> > > On another list someone wanted the word for bird
> > > I could not find it  only the generic word for animal
> > > Ha'DIbach. Someone else  used the words chal (sky) and Ha'DIbach
> (animal)
> > > chal Ha'DIbach
> > > It sounds very logical to me. Is it correct ?
> > >
> > > Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
> > suggestion:
> >
> > How about toQ "bird of prey"?

	If it were me (remembering that I'm still a utter newbie) I would
translate "fire bird" as qul toQ.  Someone once translated "dragon" as qul
lung (fire lizard), I believe.  Then there is the word HoSDo' "energy
beings" which is specifically listed in TKD.

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level