tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 08 06:07:03 2000

RE: SImwI'mey Sar

>You can point out as many examples as you like of Okrand building nouns out
>of composits of nouns and verbs, but the simple truth is, he gave us
>grammatical rules by which we can build compound nouns and those rules do
>not give us leave to make our own compounds by packing a verb root next to a
>noun. Okrand can do that because the vocabulary is his. We can't.
>
>charghwI'

I wasn't making up compound nouns.  They are names, just simply names; and
everyone here agrees that names don't always conform to grammatical rules.
SImtIq and SImnaQ are NAMES that I assigned to objects "I" made.

DloraH

Back to archive top level