tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 09 20:00:43 2000

RE: Blood Fever

jalth malqa:

> No, she doesn't need the translation of Pon Farr, just
> Blood Fever as that was the name of the episode. I do
> thank you all for you help .. but Pon Farr is off the
> track, so to speak.

Pon Farr *is* the Vulcan term for Blood Fever. I don't watch Voyager, but if
the episode was talking about Vulcan Blood Fever, then you really do want a
translation for "Pon Farr". Since the episode's title is just a translation
of a foreign term, the original term is far more important than the English
translation. In that case, I would guess that <pubtaH 'Iw> - "The blood
boils" is the best translation, as ghunchu'wI' suggested.

pagh

Back to archive top level