tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 06 20:51:24 2000

RE: How to make verb into a noun?

SuStel has already answered this well, but I have a couple comments on
things that weren't addressed.

Your foresight is good. I was once a grammarian. I cringed. The sentence is
well formed grammatically, though the meaning is a bit odd.

The continuity of your happiness does not continue to be the continuity of
my hassle.

> bIQuchchugh   jISaHbe'. (I was tempted to tack a -qu' after the
> -be', but they
> are same catagory suffixes)

I actually like this, just like it is. Maybe {bIQuchchugh qoj bIQuchbe'chugh
jISaHbe'.}

> The two sentences mean generally the same thing, but is it
> possible to recast
> the 2nd sentence to have more impact?  I'm trying to imply the
> disdain/sarcasm
> of the DIvI' Hol "thought" into tlhIngan Hol mu'mey.

Screw happiness. Get to the point: qaSaHbe'.

Or maybe:

yInHomqoqlIj vISaHbe'.

SaHwI' yInej.

bInenchoHDI' yIchegh.

or even a simple:

bIQuchlaw'. wejpuH.

This is a very expressive language, qar'a'?

> pIl'o'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level