tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 05 12:49:46 2000

Re: How to make verb into a noun?

 ja' SuStel:
<snip>
Putting a prefix on a verb with /-ghach/ is even more marked.

*jIQuchtaHghach = QuchtaHghachwIj
*bIQuchtaHghach = QuchtaHghachlIj

qay'taHghachwIj   'oHtaHbe'   QuchtaHghachlIj'e'.   ( I can feel the grammarians
cringe at this)

bIQuchchugh   jISaHbe'. (I was tempted to tack a -qu' after the -be', but they
are same catagory suffixes)

The two sentences mean generally the same thing, but is it possible to recast
the 2nd sentence to have more impact?  I'm trying to imply the disdain/sarcasm
of the DIvI' Hol "thought" into tlhIngan Hol mu'mey.

pIl'o'

Back to archive top level