tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 06 20:11:56 2000

RE: KLBC

While these suggestions are good, I'd recommend for "blood fever" something
like:

'Iwmo' Seylu'

One is excited because of blood.

That is what you are talking about, right?

The current translations sound like the blood is sick or hot, and you have
to be careful about idioms. I'm pretty sure if you start talking with a
Klingon about hot blood, he'll assume you are referring to passion and if
you talk about sick blood, you are talking about disease. When I hear "blood
fever", I tend to think you are talking about a passionate interest either
in vengence for blood spilled or just to spill blood (preferably someone
else's, but if some of yours goes, too, well, the more the merrier).

charghwI'

Back to archive top level