tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 05 03:04:03 2000

How to make verb into a noun?

I've been wondering for some time how you can make a verb into a noun.
For example, take /tammoH/, which is "to silence". Then what's the noun
"silence"? I have in a few occasions used /Qoylu'vIS pagh/ as a
surrogate, but that's just that: a surrogate. There are many such cases
where the dictionary gives you a verb while you want a noun derived from
that verb. There are ofcourse /-wI'/ which forms one kind of derivate
noun... Are there any I've missed that are not in TKD? I've seen
/-ghach/ in action somewhere, but it's not in TKD, and that too doesn't
seem to do quite what I need...

--
Albert Arendsen --- aka --- Reyn Eaglestorm
http://home.student.utwente.nl/a.a.arendsen

Back to archive top level