tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 28 17:00:00 2000

re:some opera Kang statement

jatlh Ed:

marian danzig wrote: >

>> > i hope it can be finished one day. i for one would love a klingonopera!!
>> > Tom, if your still out there - finish it! PLEASE! (very un-klingonlike,
>> > huh?)

jatlh jenwI'
>> Is David on this list? If so: David! Find someone to do the music! We >want
>> a Klingon Opera! I'm a composer (and a budding klingonist)
>> , even though I'm somewhat out of practice of music composition
>> (and the thousands of other interests I have).
>> If David can send me the examples of the uncompleted work I might be able to
>> complete it... but that kind of project would take me awhile

I did get the oportunity to ask both of them this year. I'd seen a request for
music from a Producer, who does already hold a Paramount liscence (apparently the
hardest part, or at least the most expensive part of this process).

David has been moving around the country, and barely has time for the Postal
Courses.

Tom has not given up, but also hasn't heard from David for a while.

Niel Norman, who produces most of the sanctioned Star Trek Music HAS demos of the
Opera. He is less than enthusiastic, by all accounts.

If you want commercially produced Klingon Music, from Niel Norman, you may have to
wait for a very, very, very long time. His focus has been historycally on Big Band,
or small bands, that sound like orchestras (TV & Movie scores).

>From a business standpoint, you can see that even the best professional Opera, does
poorly in the open market. At some point we want quality, over commercial product.

There is a small press production (already  mentioned here), from our fellow
Klingons (of the Khomerex Zha) in Europe:
http://www.luqara.de

The mp3 is not great, but I am hoping the CD is good enough. I ordered it
yesterday.

I am one of those people who buys the Opera Cds. I'm flying into Italy for only a
couple of weeks this spring, and going to 2 Operas there. Being a klingonist, and
Opera enthusiast, I have very few options.

=====
Qor'etlh valwI'na', HoS ne', buraD tuq, tlhIngan wo' may yo'
Duy'a'tlhIngan wo',tera'gnan veng wa'DIchDaq:Washington D.C.
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Stage/4685
Imperial Klingon Battle Fleet: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ikbf
ELINT: tlhIngan wo' Duj Qo'noS qa': http://www.qnis.net/~klingon/Spirit_of_Kronos/
KLI qepHom 'utlhHom: /kli/qepHom.phtml